Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Apple Sauce Candy?

The applesauce didn't come out like we hoped. It turned dark brown and was so sweet it nearly melted in your mouth before you could actually move it around and swallow it. Matthew refused to taste yucky brown applesauce and so we threw it away. It was really like eating warm candy and I couldn't help but wonder if we couldn't make some time of candy out of it:)

My second batch of apple butter didn't turn out too well either. I let it cook too long trying to do it around my crazy weekend schedule. It too had to go. So, I must get the rest of these apples canned soon! I still haven't made an apple pie, but Matthew and I are going to tackle that this weekend! Should be fun!

Just me

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. I bet you could have made some yummy candy out of your sauce. Too bad you threw it out!

    ReplyDelete