Sunday, December 26, 2010

We learn to feel joy by also experiencing sadness....

On Decemeber 23rd my mom called me with sadness in her heart, tears in her eyes, and a crackling voice to tell me Happy was gone. Happy was 11 years old and my mom and dad's third child. He brought them joy and happiness...thus his name. Both mom and dad are caregivers and Happy, the last from his litter to find a home, found the best family of all, I'm sure of it! He was sick and had cushings. Mom and Dad took such good care of him and the vet said it was their love and devotion that kept him living for so long. His failing body just wore out though on Thursday. It was a sad Christmas Eve at my parents. Happy's sweet face was missing and my parents had a whole in their heart. We opened gifts but we'll celebrate more on the 1st when some time has brought more rest and healing for my mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment