Sunday, December 19, 2010

Gottablog, gobble, gottablog, gobble

Let's see if I can catch up a little bit before Christmas:)

Thanksgiving came quickly to our home. Thanksgiving week was a blur as it was happening; very much like being in a car accident that happens very quickly, but yet feels as if it is going in slow motion.

On Monday night of that week, Matthew couldn't sleep. Nothing new around here but he was in a sweet mood and talking my head off. He was also singing some turkey song. I asked him if he remembered what was happening the next day. Parents were invited to eat lunch with our children. Matthew said though they were having a program. At first I didn't believe him, but he then told me the Thanksgiving story. He said the Pilgrims lived in a far away land and didn't like the King's church, so they sailed away to find a new land. Then he said, "oh by the way I suppose to wear black, but 'sssshhhh' it's a secret." The next morning I got him ready as soon as could. We rushed to Target for black socks to go with the black pants I bought previously first. He looked sooo handsome! I called his Aunt Michelle before we left and she said that she and Cyndi would come. Daddy couldn't come b/c he was in Clinton and even if he wanted to then he wouldn't have had time to get there.

On Wednesday Matthew and I went to my parents after I cooked and cleaned some for Thursday. We ate our Thanksgiving on Wednesday night and we slept over. We had a nice visit, but as usual, I was rushed to leave. On my way back to Greensboro there were cops everywhere. I was trying to be careful of my speed and I still don't know if I was pulled for speed or if the cop really noticed from such a long way away that my tag was expired. So, I got a ticket for an expired tag and inspection violation. Of course, "Mommy got a ticket" was the first words out of his mouth when we got home, finally.

We did have a nice visit with Phillip's family and delicious Thanksgiving feast! Michelle, made it all the more special making on of my favorites, shrimp mold. I think I could live off of shrimp mold and ritz crackers:) Michelle I attempted to go to Toys R Us later in the evening after Phillip left to go to Wilmington b/c he worked the next day at a Nexcare. The line was down High Point Rd so we came back home.

I forced myself to go back mid morning on Friday but what I wanted was already sold out:( Luckily I found zhu zhu pets later somewhere else for less:) Matthew went with his aunt's on Friday and spent the night at Nick and Amanda's. I finally crashed on Friday night, totally exhausted.

On Saturday, Nick and Amanda came and raked leaves for us and I made turkey noodle soup. Phillip didn't care for it but luckily Nick liked it and took it with him! On Sunday we decorated our Christmas tree and we hung our stockings. The chaos hasn't stopped yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment